The American Muslim Senior Society invites you to join the Webinar (Supporting Family Caregivers in Faith-Based Communities)
In partnership with AARP and C-TAC
Date: June 17, 2020
Time: 2:00 – 3:30 PM EDT
Family caregivers are facing a new set of challenges as they care for their loved ones during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is now more important than ever to support caregivers during this time of increased stress and uncertainty. During this webinar, experts will discuss the challenges of caregiving during the pandemic and shed light on community-level efforts from faith organizations to connect family caregivers with essential tools and guidance. Attendees will also hear from family caregivers and clergy on the front lines and learn what AARP resources are available to assist caregivers in their journey.
This discussion will also highlight key elements from the AARP Prepare to Care Guide. To download the guide or to request that a printed copy be delivered to you please click here.
To register for this event, please click here
- Janae Wheeler, Host - Elder Angela Overton, Senior Advisor to the Interfaith and Diversity Workgroup, C-TAC
- Mona Negm, President and Founder, American Muslim Senior Society (AMSS)
- Imam Faizul Khan, Founding Member, Islamic Society of Washington Area (Washington, D.C. Region)
Dr. Dina A. Shazly, Professor of Dentistry and Family Caregiver
- Naffisa Turay, Healthcare Administration Professional and Caregiver
- Mary Remington, Chaplain and Director of Spiritual Care Development, Good Samaritan Hospital
- Katherine Brown¸ Senior Advisor, AARP.