Join AMSS Webinar "Sharing Traditions for Life Decisions (Social Isolation)"
Join AMSS for the second in a series of thought-provoking town hall webinars " Sharing Traditions for Life Decisions -on Social Isolation". October 22, 2020 / 7-8:30 pm. This event is in partnership with: The Coalition to Transform Advanced Care(C-TAC); The Asian American Health Initiative(AAHI); The African American Health Program & The Latino Health Initiative. During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are all feeling the effect of being distant from our friends, loved ones, and society – for many of us, a case of extreme social isolation.
- How can we learn and support each other? - What are the similarities within the diverse communities? - How do we understand social isolation from different cultural perspectives? - What are the tools and resources that can be used to address the loneliness, depression and the grief others are facing?
October 22, 2020 | 7:00- 8:30 PM
Moderator/ Donna Philips Mason - AMSS Stakeholder Member. Dialogue with:
- Keynote speaker/Dr. Raymond L. Crowel, Psy.D/ Director of Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services.
- Samikshya Sapkota, MPH, Behavioral Health Coordinator, Asian American Health Initiative, Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services.
- Veronica Zapata Velez, LCPC, LPC, RPT, NCCB.A Psychology, M.A Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
- Naffisa Turay, Medical Daycare Program Specialist, Department of Health, and AMSS Health and Long -Term Care Outreach Ambassador.
Zoom link will be provided after registration